All Content Used by Permission - Copyright 2001-2015 Individual Authors and FreeUnitStudies.com - All Rights Reserved
The Good Master
Unit Study - Part 1
Chapters 1, 2 & 3
Reading Comprehension Questions
What does Jancsi use to brush his teeth?
- Why were trains a mystery to Jancsi?
He had never been to town before and viewed a train.
- Why was Jancsi so happy when his father said he had done a good job of driving the wagon?
Because praises from his father were few and far between making the ones he received all the more satisfying.
- Why does father tell Kate she is like a wolf in sheep's clothing?
She appears to be delicate and meek, but in reality she is more like a wild monkey or the devil.
- Why did Kate's father send her to Uncle Marton?
Because she was wild and out of control. He knew his brother could tame her and make her a productive person.
- Why does Jancsi say he was glad Kate wasn't a golden-haired princess?
Because she was more like a real boy to him and he so wanted a brother.
- What are some of the names Mother, Father, and Jancsi call Kate?
Screaming monkey, motherless lamb, poor kitten, and colt.
- What does Kate want Jancsi to teach her?
How to ride a horse.
- Learn about Budapest and locate it on a map of Hungary. You may use these links for help:
- Compare and contrast Jancsi's vision of Kate to the reality of meeting Kate in person.
- Learn about the Hungarian language!
Next: Chapters 4, 5 and 6
This site is a part of the FamilyClassroom Network of educational websites serving homeschooling families since 2001.